About Us
What's New
Contact Us

A world of heritage awaits your exploration at Far East Square.

Visit Singapore's first street museum - The Fuk Tak Chi Museum lovingly restored by craftsmen from China and Malaysia, specially brought in to recreate the spirit of that era.

Built in 1824 by the Hakka and Cantonese immigrants five years after the founding of the modern city in 1819, this Singapore's oldest temple was dedicated to Tua Pek Kong catering to the religious needs of both the Confucianists and Taoists. 

In August 1998, the building was restored and converted into a museum featuring rich Chinese history and culture with artifacts on the lives of early Chinese migrants in Singapore.  

Stop here for an up-close look at over 200 artifacts donated by residents in Chinatown, which will give you a glimpse into the way of life of the early immigrants.

Brief History
Between 1820 and 1824, Cantonese and Hakka immigrants installed a shrine of the deity Tua Pek Kong at the current site. It was one of the first stops for immigrants coming from China. As soon as they arrived here, they went to the shrine to offer their thanksgiving for their safe journey to Singapore. The shrine was initially housed in a non-concert structure but as donations poured in, the old structure was demolished and in 1969, there was a complete restoration of the temple.

Click here for more Fuk Tak Chi Museum pictures.

Admission price: FREE
Opening hours: Daily 10am to 10pm
Address: Far East Square, 76 Telok Ayer Street
Nearby Station: Raffles Place MRT Station & Telok Ayer MRT Station

Click here to view the full list of stores operating during the Circuit Breaker.

Join our mailing list now and be the first to be updated on the latest promotions atFar East Square.

"Wu xing" in Chinese or Five Elements
Strategically positioned at Far East Square, the Fire Gate, Earth Gate (The Pavilion), Metal Gate, Water Gate and Wooden Gate (Fuk Tak Chi Museum) represent the movements, actions and changes at every level of life.